Our SRTS Team stretches across years and schools.
A big thanks to all the families that walk and roll to school! SRTS Team is all our volunteers over the years.
Borough-wide SRTS Team / Working Group
Municipal Safe Routes to School Co-Chairs:
- Donna Zane, Co-Chair, NPMS & Salt Brook (2006 – present)
- Cecile Seth, Co-Chair, NPMS & Allen W. Roberts, (2013 – present)
- Joe DiParisi, School Safety Officer (2013 – present)
- Doug Marvin, New Providence Borough Administrator (2015 – present)
- Theresa Gazaway, New Providence Police
The Traffic Safety Officer was the liaison between each working group and the Borough Administrator.
- AWR Safety Committee Co-Chair
- Amy LePre (2014 – present)
- Ilyse Rogozenski (2014 – present)
- Gina Hansen, Principal, (2013 – present)
- Jessica Malangone, AWR Vice Principal (2013-2015)
- Kelley Fahey, Computer Specialist and Webmaster
- Vinnie & Boz, the Custodians (2013 – present)
- PTA Presidents, Carolyn Glatz, Wendy Sieman, Katie Mangel,
- Parent volunteers –
- Front Circle – David Alfonso, Rebecca Coniglio, Heather Huber, Amy Lepre, Katie Mangel, Anna Rita Falco
- Debbie Bresalier, AWR SRTS & Sustainability Committee, Volunteers Liason
The working group consisted of Principal Hansen, Safety Officer Joe DiParisi, and Theresa Gazaway, Donna Zane, Cecile Seth, and AWR PTA Safety Committee Members
- Jeannie Drexinger, Principal (2006-present)
- PTA Presidents – All for the last decade! Including Mary Misiukiewicz, Bernadette Cuccaro, Officer Dan Henn, Kerry Fitzgerald, Jeanne Cook
- Front Circle Volunteers – Kathy Gelormini, Sue Palatini
- Walking School Bus Coordinators – Mindy Posner, Ginger Greene
The working group consisted of Principal Drexinger, Safety Officer DiParisi, Donna Zane.
- Principals Jay Richter, Scott Hough
- Middle PTA Presidents –
- Sherry Flaherty (2014 – 2016),
- Diane Rispoli (2013-2014)
The working group consisted of Principal Richter, Safety Officer DiParisi, and Donna Zane & Cecile Seth.
Additional thanks to our Partners
- New Providence Police for sponsoring the Bike Rodeos for as long as any of us can remember!
- Borough Council –
- Dr. Rob Robinson, Chair – Community Activities
- Al Morgan, Mayor
- Jim Madden, Chair – Engineering & Construction
- Scott Hough, NPMS School Principal, Assistant Superintendent
- David Miceli, Superintendent
- New Providence School District Board of Education,
- Adam Smith, Chair Facilities & Safety Committees
- James Testa, Board Administration & Superintendent’s Office
- Andrew R. Hipolit, Borough Engineer –
- AWR Front Circle Volunteers
- Girl Scout Service Unit 50 – For giving patches to every scout that walks the week of a district walk to school day!
- Sports Clubs and Teams – Encourage all players to walk or roll to school at least weekly
- New Providence Soccer Club
- Russ Davidson of Redwood Tree Service for donating $3,500 of security perimeter work around the newly widened AWR Back Path
- Borough’s Senior Intern, who made over 350 edits to Google Maps, created our Borough Landmarks map, and painstakingly added all our sidewalks as of the Spring 2016.
Families that walk or roll to or from school are our most important SRTS Team members and an integral part of our Safe Routes to School Working Group.